This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The most unpopular suggestion ever (was Re: SPARC, register renaming, __builtin_return_address)
- To: Daniel Berlin <dan at www dot cgsoftware dot com>
- Subject: Re: The most unpopular suggestion ever (was Re: SPARC, register renaming, __builtin_return_address)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 03:03:50 +0100 (BST)
- cc: James Dennett <jdennett at acm dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 14 May 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> If someone can provide a list of places that need comments, or what needs
> to be documented better, i'd be happy to take a stab at it dwhile waiting
> for compiles and whatnot.
The whole chapter "Passes and Files of the Compiler" is mostly several
years out of date and need a thorough overhaul to cover the present
passes, all the current source files, the effect of whole-function trees,
etc.. If a revised version mentioned every current .[ch] file and none
that no longer exist, that would be a good sign (and make it reasonable to
insist that future patches keep it up to date).
Joseph S. Myers