This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The most unpopular suggestion ever (was Re: SPARC, register renaming, __builtin_return_address)
- To: James Dennett <jdennett at acm dot org>
- Subject: Re: The most unpopular suggestion ever (was Re: SPARC, register renaming, __builtin_return_address)
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at www dot cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:04:22 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Tue, 15 May 2001, James Dennett wrote:
> Phil Edwards wrote:
> > Hey everyone. After 3.0, how about totally freezing all development, no
> > checkins to code at all, until the comments and $%!&#@ manual are brought
> > up to a much higher level of correctness and usefulness?
> I know this isn't a democracy, but I can vote with my
> keyboard: if this was done, I would be much more able
> (and willing) to spend more time working on gcc.
If someone can provide a list of places that need comments, or what needs
to be documented better, i'd be happy to take a stab at it dwhile waiting
for compiles and whatnot.