This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Re: visual studio compatibility
- To: dan at www dot cgsoftware dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot COM
- Subject: Re: Re: visual studio compatibility
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:49:39 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: decraft at bigfoot dot com, fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, reedkotler at hotmail dot com
> From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM>
> To: email@example.com (Daniel Berlin)
> Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
> But yes, any implementation that is fully binary compatible with
> MSVC has to violate a patent.
If someone cared (I don't), someone could ask Microsoft to license the
patent to the FSF, so that they (the FSF) can relicense to the rest of