This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Linux ia64.h
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: Linux ia64.h
- From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:36:36 -0700
- Cc: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: The NUXI BSD group
- References: <obrien@FreeBSD.org> <200105150028.UAA09494@makai.watson.ibm.com>
- Reply-To: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 08:28:00PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Franz and my complaint with your patch was not that you tried to
> clean up the problems, but that you pushed through a patch that was wrong
> and did not actually fix the problem. The objective is to clean things
> up, not just sweep the dirt under a different rug.
Again my position was the guys maintaining the AIX support must have done
the double include for a reason (esp. in a newly added header). Who was
I to question the competence of the author(s) for doing that.
-- David (obrien@FreeBSD.org)