This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Re: visual studio compatibility
- To: Reed Kotler <reedkotler at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: Re: visual studio compatibility
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at www dot cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:06:17 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: =?Windows-1251?B?z+Di5esgyvPn7eX27uI=?= <decraft at bigfoot dot com>, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
It took me around a week to reverse engineer this once. It's pretty simple
to do, and a pretty frickin obvious mangling format.
Object layout we can't do anyway. They've patented most of it (You can
therefore find most of it documented in the patents), and as they
get more desperate to stop open source software, i'd think we don't want
to be anywhere near the cross-hairs.
On Mon, 14 May 2001, Reed Kotler wrote:
> How do you intend to discover the microsoft name mangling and
> object layout for C++?
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Pavel Kuznetsov" <email@example.com>
> To: "Fergus Henderson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: <email@example.com>
> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 2:42 AM
> Subject: Re: visual studio compatibility
> > FH> On 13-May-2001, Pavel Kuznetsov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > >> So, me and my father are working on some kind of gcc binary
> > >> layer with visual studio. Among other this includes
> > >> - structures packing
> > >> - debug information format
> > >> - etc.
> > FH> I presume you're talking just about compatibility for C, not for C++?
> > Nope, C++ too (this includes name decoration of course).
> > Pavel Kuznetsov
> > mailto:decraft.bigfoot.com