This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC -- More problems with disappearing labels
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: RFC -- More problems with disappearing labels
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:30:34 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com> writes:
Jeffrey> If we deferred cleaup until life analysis, then we could
Jeffrey> actually verify that when we find a dangling REG_LABEL
Jeffrey> note that the destination of set in the insn with the
Jeffrey> REG_LABEL note is never used.
I like this one.
If the block containing the REG_LABEL is reachable, and the register
set isn't dead, then we're in trouble, and we should abort. That
seems like a good consistency check.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com