This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Anyone got a tree or RTL corruption bug?
- To: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Anyone got a tree or RTL corruption bug?
- From: "Janis Johnson" <janis at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:44:55 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I'm trying to make debug_tree/rtx more robust in the face of corrupt
> tree/RTL structure. I finally have a sensible way to check whether
> dereferencing random pointers will cause a segmentation fault. But
> now I can't find any corruption bugs to test them on. Can anyone
> suggest something?
Use a debugger to put whatever bad data you want into whatever field
you want. Also use a debugger to call these functions with the wrong
kind of argument (I've done that a few times lately by accident).