This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SPARC, register renaming, __builtin_return_address
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Subject: Re: SPARC, register renaming, __builtin_return_address
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:36:54 -0400
- cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Franz Sirl writes:
Franz> But I think that's not worth it, it's easy for the targets to either return
Franz> 0 if they don't support b_r_a(1) or force a valid stackframe otherwise. The
Franz> whole purpose of the testcase is to test for uniform behaviour for b_r_a(1).
I think this is the key point: either return 0 for b_r_a(1) or
force a stack-frame when b_r_a() is detected.