This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc_update bug
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: gcc_update bug
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:52:05 +1000
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at cygnus dot com>
- References: <20010513181934Q.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 13-May-2001, Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> wrote:
> gcc_update doesn't work correctly on Solaris, again due to the
> sub-second timestamps, and a bug in the native tools.
> One fix is to touch all the files, unconditionally, with a one second
> wait between them. That will take a while, but it will be correct. I
> implemented that and it's not very painful to wait through.
If you're going to do that, then it would be worth having the script at
least check whether it is running on Solaris or not and only doing the
waits on Solaris.
Fergus Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> | "I have always known that the pursuit
| of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.