gcc_update bug

gcc_update doesn't work correctly on Solaris, again due to the
sub-second timestamps, and a bug in the native tools.

Observe the following:

  nunki[189]% print-time configure
  989798110 420015000
  nunki[190]% print-time configure.in
  989798110 500011000
  nunki[191]% ls -1dt configure configure.in
  configure*
  configure.in

Note that configure is older that configure.in, but `ls' sorts them in
the opposite order.

Very lovely.

This means that gcc_update doesn't necessarily touch everything it
should.

It's important that we fix this bug because it makes it hard for
people to develop on Solaris.  At the very least, you're forced to
install all of the auto* tools.  And, things will get rebuilt more
often than they should after cvs update.  I've already lost a couple
of hours just trying to figure out what's going on.

One fix is to touch all the files, unconditionally, with a one second
wait between them.  That will take a while, but it will be correct.  I
implemented that and it's not very painful to wait through.

Using `make' would be another option, possibly via a little here
document in gcc_update.

I'm not sure what other solutions might be possible.

If I don't hear from you, I'll check in the touch everything patch,
since correctness trumps.

Thanks,