This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Inquiry: When do we think GCC 3.0 might be completely ready?
- To: Joel Fressa <planetxx at richnet dot net>
- Subject: Re: Inquiry: When do we think GCC 3.0 might be completely ready?
- From: Erik Mouw <J dot A dot K dot Mouw at ITS dot TUDelft dot NL>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:00:48 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 02:37:09PM -0400, Joel Fressa wrote:
> I am looking forward to the release of GCC 3.0. Do you know what it might
> complete? Maybe a best guess?
Standard answer for all open/free software projects: it will be
released when it's ready.
> Also, will the Linux Kernel use GCC 3.0 after the release? I never
> all that. ;-)
Kernels don't need compilers to run. However, one of the requirements
of gcc is that it should be able to *compile* the linux kernel.
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl