This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: check_dbra_loop
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- Subject: Re: RFA: check_dbra_loop
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:27:26 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10105131321.AA11049@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Kenner <email@example.com> writes:
Richard> Is this required even if "volatile" is not specified?
I don't know, but you're probably correct -- it's probably not
required if `volatile' isn't specified.
Richard> I think we *can* reverse the loop if the address of the
Richard> store is a giv since then we know that each write is
Yes, that's what I concluded too.
But I didn't have time to implement it.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com