This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installing GCC: Final installation
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: Installing GCC: Final installation
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: 12 May 2001 13:39:31 +0200
- Cc: "Post, Mark K" <mark dot post at eds dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com> writes:
> On Sat, 12 May 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> >> It's kind of hard to believe that no one's reported this before, but I don't
> >> see
> >> my system on http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.95/buildstat.html, so, here goes:
> >> root@lxslack1:/tmp/gcc-2.95.2# ./config.guess
> >> s390-unknown-linux-gnu
> > Thanks for letting us know, I just added this to the page.
> According to Andreas Jäger s390-unknown-linux-gnu definitely is not
> supported by GCC 2.95.x (and definitely won't work), so I undid my
Let's rephrase it: It is not supported by the GCC 2.95.x that comes
from gnu.org. There are patches available for s390 but those are not
part of any official GCC release made by the GCC developers.
> Are you sure you successfully built GCC 2.95.x and used it on this
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org