Re: CLIB

    > It already does, for user programs, but that doesn't help the linking
    > of gnat1 itself, wich is not done via the GNAT driver but directly in
    > the GCC Makefile.  The latter is the major motivation.

    I'll assume you have a good reason for that.

Yes.  The desire to minimize the amount of binaries that are needed to
build GNAT: we want to require just a gnat1 and gnatbind binary to be able
to build GNAT.  This simplifies the initial build process.

    You can clone the logic which is presently being used in configure.in
    to determine whether or not collect2 needs to link with -lld or -lmld.
    It should look something like

OK, I'll try that.