This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- To: dan at cgsoftware dot com
- Subject: Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Sat, 12 May 01 06:14:13 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I just posted the gensimplify stuff to gcc-patches. You might want to
look at it before adding more stuff to simplify-rtx.
It just 'feels' a lot easier writing these simplifications in an md
style, using match_operand, etc, than doing it in simplify rtx.
Maybe. Although I agree it's a very neat idea, I'd want to think about
it more before agreeing with you that it's the best approach.
Also, come to think of it, this would solve the problem of fold_rtx
and simplify_rtx divergences.
No, because whichever way we go, fold_rtx would call simplify_rtx.
We'd also be able to use the (define_simplify) syntax to generate TREE
simplification code, i would imagine, no?
That would be a major advantage of the approach, but it would need some
work to get it going.