This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- To: Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr
- Subject: Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Fri, 11 May 01 22:18:43 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Unless, this simplification is just for if (!!j).
With Andy's remarks, it makes sense to add another
simplification to the list:
if (j?1:0) --> if (j)
Can simplify-rtx do this ??
Actually, the tree-level simplifications do this, so it gets done even
at -O0. If we force it to be done later (via an intermediate variable),
we see that this is *also* done by simplify-rtx, as is the case of
"if (!!j)" when split up.
GCC is very good at doing this sort of local simplification, so I'd be
surprised if any major ones were missing, but I will check.