Re: Reapply patch lost during recent "blind import" of libtool

On May 11, 2001, Loren James Rittle <> wrote:

> [...]

Gerald> So, how about setting up Loren's script?

>> If the script only issues a warning message to the person who did the
>> check-in (and to `'?) that's good.  If it actually
>> prevents the check-in, I think that's too strong.

> As posted, the script prevented check-in since import was the
> documented way to update those files.

Besides, it's easy enough to do an import instead of a check-in.  But
I understand it might be more convenient to be able to just check-in.
But then, when you got the warning, it would be too late already.
Could the exit status of the script depend on some command-line
argument given to cvs commit?

Another alternative I like is to get the commit script to test the
version numbers, at least in ltconfig and, and make sure
they're modified between the existing version and the one about to be
committed, and, if they don't differ, issue a hard error.  This would
guarantee that locally-modified files are clearly marked as such.

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{,}