Re: List of simplifications we should perform

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:

> On Fri, 11 May 2001, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> > > But, can you describe GCSE with this? Or an SSA based PRE?
> >
> > No, you can't, but Dan's list was chock full of things that could be
> > described by RTL.
> >
> Yup, and it looks like we could get rid of quite a bit of
> convoluted C code if we were to automate this.

As I mentioned, I've just finished gensimplify.

Wow, this is so much easier than writing the darn code in
simplify-rtx.c

I dunno if it's faster or slower yet, however.

It currently calls itself recursively on rtx operands we don't
specifically have a match for that are > length 2 (by rtx length,
which includes the op for the current rtx in the length)).

--
"I decided to leave and go to California, so I packed up my
Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying