Re: List of simplifications we should perform

 > It would be a nice beginner project, or even something for someone to
 > do when bored, to keep this list somewhere, and check off what
 > simplify-rtx does right now, and implement the rest in some random
 > order.
 > It is, after all, just math.
 > Unless of course, we already do all of these, in which case, good.
 > However, if we don't, it would be good to know exactly which ones we
 > *don't do*, because adding simplifications to simplify_rtx is a good
 > way to start to ease into dealing with RTL.  It gives you a chance to
 > manipulate RTL, and see direct results in your code, and it's not very
 > difficult.

I think most of these are already done in fold-const.c on trees.  How
much benefit is there in redoing all the opts on RTL?  (Just curious,
I'm sure there is some benefit.)

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions