This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Objective C features manual
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Objective C features manual
- From: Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu at cup dot hp dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:26:39 -0700
- Cc: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>,Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,shebs at apple dot com
On Wed, 9 May 2001 19:44:43 +0100 (BST), "Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Joe Buck wrote:
> > Yes, doc updates are unlikely to cause regressions. Though it would be
> > nice to make sure not to document things in the branch that are only
> > checked into the mainline. :-)
> That's why I didn't simply copy the mainline objc.texi to the branch -
> since I don't know whether @compatibility_alias is a feature present and
> working on the branch. If it is, the docs may as well be merged.
This feature is in the compiler for a long time, it's just that it
wasn't documented until recently. I think the two documents can be
identical on the mainline and on the branch.