This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: EH merge
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: EH merge
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:02:26 -0700
- Cc: bkoz at redhat dot com, jason at cygnus dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <email@example.com><200105111743.NAA23118@makai.watson.ibm.com>
>>>>> "David" == David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Mark> If GAS/LD requires fixing, we may, unfortunately, have to
Mark> scrap merging this stuff in for GCC 3.0. Of course, we also
Mark> need to make sure that non-GNU linkers and assemblers work
Mark> satisfactorily with the new code.
David> Mark, we already know that GCC 3.0 requires
David> development versions of GNU Assembler for other, primary
But that doesn't mean we need to make everyone, especially users of
GNU systems, suffer the same fate. And it doesn't mean we should wait
for new, not very well tested fixes in these tools.
The basic constraint here is time. By any reasonable measure, we're
behind schedule here, and at the same time I'm way over the effort
threshold I'd expected to have to put in.
So, I'm not willing to go down another possibly length, possibly risky
path. It's better to wait until 3.1, if that's what it's going to
Back to fixing Solaris regressions,
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com