Re: EH merge

    Mark> If GAS/LD requires fixing, we may, unfortunately, have to
    Mark> scrap merging this stuff in for GCC 3.0.  Of course, we also
    Mark> need to make sure that non-GNU linkers and assemblers work
    Mark> satisfactorily with the new code.

    David> 	Mark, we already know that GCC 3.0 requires
    David> development versions of GNU Assembler for other, primary
    David> platforms.

But that doesn't mean we need to make everyone, especially users of
GNU systems, suffer the same fate.  And it doesn't mean we should wait
for new, not very well tested fixes in these tools.

The basic constraint here is time.  By any reasonable measure, we're
behind schedule here, and at the same time I'm way over the effort
threshold I'd expected to have to put in.

So, I'm not willing to go down another possibly length, possibly risky
path.  It's better to wait until 3.1, if that's what it's going to
take.

Back to fixing Solaris regressions,