Re: List of simplifications we should perform

On Fri, 11 May 2001, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Similar other tools exist, maybe they could be incorporated in
> > the long term.
>
> Ah, but we already have rtl tools.  Perhaps adding such a pass using
> the existing rtl routines would be a useful addition to the "projects
> for beginners" page?

I meant tools that let us describe data-flow equations and turn
them into code. Could that be coded in RTL?

One could even take this a step further and provide an interface
to allow people to write optimizer in higher-level languages. I'm
not sure how practical would that be, though.

Diego.