This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc + Windows + general questions
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>,gcc mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: gcc + Windows + general questions
- From: Soeren Grimm <soeren at viatronix dot net>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:15:09 -0400
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
thank you for the answers. But somehow the link http://www.ming.org/
is not working ?
Jeff Sturm wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Soeren Grimm wrote:
> > Is it possible to compile pure windows application with gcc?
> Yes. You need some related tools, including assembler, linker and runtime
> headers for MSVCRT.
> Find all of these and more at http://www.ming.org/.
> > Is it possible to compile Qt applications?
> Probably. Certainly GCC can compile Qt on GNU/Linux. I understand there
> is a release of Qt just for Windows but I have never even seen it.
> > How is the performance compared to the Intel or the Visual C++ 6.0
> > Compiler.
> Compile-time performance, or quality of the generated code? You'll
> probably find the former a bit slower, especially for C++ code heavy with
> > I am not sure of i am allowed to ask this, but i ask this anyway ;-)
> > Is there a way to integrate the gcc into the Visual C++ environment,
> > like
> > the intel compiler?
> <shrug> no idea. Why not give it a try and see?