This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Subject: Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at www dot cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Where, in the previous message, LNOT = logical not, and BNOT is boolean
The only requirement it makes is that you have BNOT BNOT or LNOT LNOT, and
not BNOT LNOT, or LNOT BNOT
The thing that calls the right simplifier routine for an opcode has the
simp_not, /* OPR_BNOT*/
simp_not, /* OPR_LNOT*/
Where simp_not is the routine unconditionally performing the
simplification in question (It performs no type checking, it just checks
for the above requirement).
Funny that nobody noticed this problem until they open-sourced pro64,
On Fri, 11 May 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Nope, it does exactly the same set of simplifications for LNOT and BNOT
> On Fri, 11 May 2001, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > Are you sure it does the !!x => x simplification for ints?
> > Maybe it only does it for bools.