This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- To: Andi Kleen <ak at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: List of simplifications we should perform
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at www dot cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 07:42:38 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 11 May 2001, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Daniel Berlin <email@example.com> writes:
> If this is supposed to be C...
> > Simplifications for ~ and !:
> > ! ! j j
> !!j is not j, it is j?1:0.
That's what I thought, but SGI's compiler quite clearly disagrees.
It just says:
if (<it's of the form ! ! j>)
delete the not's.
It performs this at all optimization levels, too.