Re: Getting Development Version of gcc

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Skepsis wrote:
> I have been attempting to get and build the development version of gcc on a
> Win platform, but much of the advice is geared to Unix/Linux users. I have
> managed to build two files: 'gctest' and 'test_cpp'. Surely there should be
> other files? More to the point, how will I know if I have built gcc
> correctly?

The source distribution isn't really intended for Windows.  All the
configure scripts assume the existence of a posix shell and
associated utilities.

Save yourself the effort and choose a binary distribution tailored to
a dos/windows environment:

http://www.cygwin.com/
http://www.djgpp.com/
http://www.mingw.org/

The first one at least can bootstrap itself from source.

Jeff