Re: Is GCC installed?

On May 10, 2001, Amanda <arandall@auntminnie.com> wrote:

> how in the heck do I determine if GCC has ever been installed on
> this box?  It's running Mandrake 8.0

I've never used Mandrake, but I suppose `rpm -q gcc' would do it.

But I must say that this mailing list is not appropriate for this kind
of question.  It's devoted to discussions on the development of GCC,
not to random questions about using GCC or other system tools.
gcc-help might have been more appropriate, but this particular
question would definitely be more welcome at some GNU/Linux forum.