GC development

Hans Boehm has expressed an interest in making the gcc copy of his GC
the canonical copy.

Can the steering committee decide whether this is something they want?
Or, rather, whether it is something they are against?  I think the
default should be to allow it: it is free software that we need for
libgcj.  Plus it makes it less likely that I'll have to do any more
merge work on the GC :-).  I don't see any downside to doing this.

I'm bringing this up now because Hans has expressed an interest in
having a GC developers' mailing list hosted on gcc.gnu.org.  I assume
that if the project is hosted on gcc.gnu.org then a new list won't be
a problem.  (I'll do the work of setting up the list when the time
comes.)

Tom