This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Inheritance Problem
- To: carlo at alinoe dot com (Carlo Wood)
- Subject: Re: Inheritance Problem
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:52:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: opetzold at wit dot regiocom dot net (Olaf Petzold), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> "protected:" means that a derived class has access to that
> member when it is a member of the same instance.
This is not correct. In C++, access protection is based on classes,
not instances. The object pointed to by "this" has no special status.