This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Inheritance Problem
- To: Olaf Petzold <opetzold at wit dot regiocom dot net>
- Subject: Re: Inheritance Problem
- From: Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 15:47:12 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <01051010361300.01278@gatekeeper>
"protected:" means that a derived class has access to that
member when it is a member of the same instance.
It doesn't mean that a class B derived from A can access
protected members of *any* A instantiation.
Probably this->b won't even work ;).
Note that this isn't the correct list to ask such questions.
Perhaps you want to subscribe to tuxCPProgramming@listbot.com,
mail something to tuxCPProgrammingemail@example.com for more
Carlo Wood <firstname.lastname@example.org>