Re: [I don't think it's off-topic at all] Linking speed for C++

Geoff Keating writes:
> That's likely to cause problem with comparing pointers to methods.

Besides, if the pages get modified on the fly they can't be shared.
The KDE user is going to have maybe 20 processes all using -lqt and the
basic KDE libraries, with lots of vtables in them, probably hundreds
of K worth.  Currently the runtime relocations prevent them from being
shared, but if they can be shared, that recovers a substantial amount
of memory (which then could be used up again with stubs or something
else).