This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [I don't think it's off-topic at all] Linking speed for C++
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: [I don't think it's off-topic at all] Linking speed for C++
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:49:46 -0700
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>, biswapesh dot chattopadhyay at bt dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bastian at suse dot com
- References: <20010509114515.A26607@redhat.com> <200105092053.NAA20501@toledo.synopsys.com>
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 01:53:01PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> It seems that this should be fixable by making the linker smarter.
> What will this required dynamic relocation do?
Allow the symbol to be overridden from another DSO earlier in
the symbol resolution search path.