This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [I don't think it's off-topic at all] Linking speed for C++
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Subject: Re: [I don't think it's off-topic at all] Linking speed for C++
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 09 May 2001 15:03:41 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Jeff Sturm <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> For C++ I'm not sure what you can do, especially in the constraints of an
> ABI. Perhaps the vtable entries could initially point to a private
> function that would lazily find the appropriate method and write the
> address to the vtable slot? I have no idea if that would be of any
That's likely to cause problem with comparing pointers to methods.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>