Re: cc: unrecognized option `-qnoro'

>>>>> Carol Boyce writes:

Carol> I am on an IBM with AIX 4.3.3, trying to use the gcc C compiler
Carol> to relink the Unidata database to a Datatel product DMI.  I am getting
Carol> the following errors.  Does anyone have any clues?

	First, I am confused how you can be invoking the GCC compiler as
"cc".

	Second, you cannot invoke GCC with AIX compiler options.
-qarch=com, -qnoro, and -K all are commandline options for IBM XLC /
Visual Age Compilers, not for GCC.  You need to invoke GCC with the
appropriate GCC equivalents to those commands, e.g. -fwritable-strings,
-mcpu=common, -Wl,-K (-K is a linker option).

David
David Edelsohn                                      T.J. Watson Research Center
dje@watson.ibm.com                                  P.O. Box 218
+1 914 945 4364 (TL 862)                            Yorktown Heights, NY 10598