This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cc: unrecognized option `-qnoro'
- To: Carol Boyce <cboyce at fielding dot edu>
- Subject: Re: cc: unrecognized option `-qnoro'
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 17:49:29 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Carol Boyce writes:
Carol> I am on an IBM with AIX 4.3.3, trying to use the gcc C compiler
Carol> to relink the Unidata database to a Datatel product DMI. I am getting
Carol> the following errors. Does anyone have any clues?
First, I am confused how you can be invoking the GCC compiler as
Second, you cannot invoke GCC with AIX compiler options.
-qarch=com, -qnoro, and -K all are commandline options for IBM XLC /
Visual Age Compilers, not for GCC. You need to invoke GCC with the
appropriate GCC equivalents to those commands, e.g. -fwritable-strings,
-mcpu=common, -Wl,-K (-K is a linker option).
David Edelsohn T.J. Watson Research Center
email@example.com P.O. Box 218
+1 914 945 4364 (TL 862) Yorktown Heights, NY 10598