This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc on Mac OS X
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: gcc on Mac OS X
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 14:38:47 -0700
- CC: Franco Vaccari <vaccari at dsterra dot univ dot trieste dot it>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105092127.OAA21669@toledo.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck wrote:
> any plans to move this to 3.0, or is it for 3.1?
Since it doesn't fix a regression, and wasn't a required feature
for 3.0, I didn't want to add any code that might crumble the
branch for rs6000 configs. Anyway, the Darwin port still has
bugs, for instance a serious one in g77, and the trunk has some
ObjC-related changes that are necessary to make the compiler useful
for actual OS X programming.
So I'd rather see us get 3.0 out the door, not worry about OS X at
all, and get started sooner on making 3.1 a great compiler for Macs.