Re: gcc on Mac OS X

Joe Buck wrote:

> any plans to move this to 3.0, or is it for 3.1?

Since it doesn't fix a regression, and wasn't a required feature
for 3.0, I didn't want to add any code that might crumble the
branch for rs6000 configs.  Anyway, the Darwin port still has
bugs, for instance a serious one in g77, and the trunk has some
ObjC-related changes that are necessary to make the compiler useful
for actual OS X programming.

So I'd rather see us get 3.0 out the door, not worry about OS X at
all, and get started sooner on making 3.1 a great compiler for Macs.

Stan