This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: MNShukla <mnshukla at cirrus dot stpp dot soft dot net>
- Subject: Re: Querry....
- From: Erik Mouw <J dot A dot K dot Mouw at ITS dot TUDelft dot NL>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 13:24:41 +0200
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com, support-sw at arm dot com, philb at gnu dot org
- Organization: Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs
- References: <3AF8CBA3.5293D9D7@cirrus.stpp.soft.net>
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 10:16:27AM +0530, MNShukla wrote:
> I am using arm-linux-gcc compiler tool, obtained from
> http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/ .
That's my precompiled arm-linux cross compiler toolchain.
> If I use assembly instruction STRH (write half word in memory), it
> causes kernel-panic only in the address range 0x0203e000 to 0x0203efff
> (4kb size) and And I am able ot use this instruction leaving this
This has nothing to do with the compiler, but everything with the
kernel you're using. I assume that you're using an arm-linux kernel, so
arm-linux-kernel is the most apropriate mailing list to use (see
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/armlinux/mailinglists.shtml for more
If you post to that mailing list, make sure that you:
- read and understand the file REPORTING-BUGS in the linux kernel
- upgrade to the latest known to be stable kernel for your platform
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl