Re: Querry....

>I am using arm-linux-gcc compiler tool, obtained from
>http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/ .
>If I use assembly instruction STRH (write half word in memory), it
>causes kernel-panic only in the address range 0x0203e000 to 0x0203efff
>(4kb size) and And I am able ot use this instruction leaving this
>address-range.
>
>I can access this address range by using STRB instruction --- which
>implies that this address range is NOT read-only.
>I am quite puzzled, how STRH can cause problem only in this specific
>address range......

1. If you are using assembler, it has nothing to do with GCC.  Please stop
posting to the gcc mailing list.

2. Since you don't mention what machine you're using, it's difficult to make
sense of any address range.

3. Like I said last time you asked this, any kernel panic indicates a problem
with the kernel.  You need to talk to your kernel vendor.

p.