This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: peephole vs. scheduler
- To: dalej at apple dot com
- Subject: Re: peephole vs. scheduler
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 21:33:01 -0700
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <200105080103.SAA01979@scv3.apple.com>you write:
> I have a case where I'd like to combine two insn's into one late in the
> game. I have a nice short define_peephole that does just what I
> want.[*] However, the scheduler is run first, and often disrupts the
> pattern I'm looking for. I can get the scheduler not to do that by
> setting SCHED_GROUP_P on the second insn. But the only way I can find
> to do that is by altering the scheduler code. I'd like to have a hook,
> something like
> to let me do this in a more controlled fashion. Comments?
Ugh. Gross. Don't to that.
define_peephole2 or something close to that.