Re: How to handle linker options beginning with -f?

On 07-May-2001, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:

>     Stan> Mark Mitchell wrote:
>     >>
>     >> [...] *if* we really support funky linker options (do we?  I
>     >> can't find any yet?) [...]
>
>     Stan> Look at LINK_SPEC in iris6.h for some oddities, such as
>     Stan> -exact_version.
>
> Ah, yes, I see now.
>
> I expect those do work -- but I don't know if anyone uses them!

We (the Mercury project) were using `-non_shared' up until about a
year ago.  We'd probably still be using it except that there no
longer seems to be much interest in maintaining an Irix port,
and our sysadmins finally switched off our old Irix box.

We continue to use `-shared' and `-R' on other platforms.