contrib/gcc_update (was: 3.1 bootstrap failure in libjava)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
>> And you were right again, I use contrib/gcc_update to update my tree,
>> and the -d option is not the default in this script, so I added
>> it and got the new directory.
> You aren't the first, believe me.
>
> I got bit by this -- perhaps I should say that I bit myself with this --
> so many times that I finally just automated the whole mess.

I think we should make -d a default option in gcc_update and will make
that change in a few days.

Those that don't really need/want the entire gcc CVS module can easily
change the script (and probably don't use it anyway), while this change
will make the default case work more as expected by regular "users".

Gerald