This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
contrib/gcc_update (was: 3.1 bootstrap failure in libjava)
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: contrib/gcc_update (was: 3.1 bootstrap failure in libjava)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 22:56:59 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
>> And you were right again, I use contrib/gcc_update to update my tree,
>> and the -d option is not the default in this script, so I added
>> it and got the new directory.
> You aren't the first, believe me.
> I got bit by this -- perhaps I should say that I bit myself with this --
> so many times that I finally just automated the whole mess.
I think we should make -d a default option in gcc_update and will make
that change in a few days.
Those that don't really need/want the entire gcc CVS module can easily
change the script (and probably don't use it anyway), while this change
will make the default case work more as expected by regular "users".
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/