This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: NeXT not supported?
- To: David Rogers <davidrogers at mac dot com>
- Subject: Re: NeXT not supported?
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:28:08 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <B71A6305.email@example.com>
David Rogers wrote:
> Hi, I've got a question. I want to compile gcc 2.96.3 on Openstep 4.2.
> Configure bails with:
> Configuration m68k-next-nextstep4 not supported
> Configure in gcc-2.96.3/gcc failed. Exiting
FSF GCC does not support OpenStep 4.2. Your best bet is to pick
up an old NeXT version of GCC from somewhere, or else one of the
Darwin versions at opensource.apple.com - they've generally retained
some level of OpenStep support, although the newest version is
2.95.2, and for m68k you might need 2.7.x to find something that