This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: size of derived classes - misfeature of gcc?
- To: Christian Szegedy <szegedy at or dot uni-bonn dot de>
- Subject: Re: size of derived classes - misfeature of gcc?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:03:22 +0200
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200105071345.PAA80526@mailserv.or.uni-bonn.de>
- Reply-To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:45:11PM +0200, Christian Szegedy wrote:
> Then, I would except that C and B have both size 4, and therefore the output
> should be:
> 1 4 4
> The result of this run is:
> 1 8 4
> for some reason I don't understand.
In the new g++ ABI this gives 1 4 4.