Re: documentation in PDF format proposal

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 10:25:19AM +0100, Geert Poels wrote:
> While I much like HTML for normal browsing, I also like PDF (or PS
> for printing). At http://www.pdfzone.com you can search for tools to
> create PDF/PS versions out of your HTML-tree.

This was discussed two weeks ago, IIRC. When you download the GCC
source, you can directly generated PS or PDF files from the texinfo
files. No need to generate it from HTML files.

> This could also easy distribution.

No, gcc is a free software project, so it needs to be distributed as
source. The source for the documentation is in the texinfo files.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl