This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: documentation in PDF format proposal
- To: Geert Poels <GPOELS at vdab dot be>
- Subject: Re: documentation in PDF format proposal
- From: Erik Mouw <J dot A dot K dot Mouw at ITS dot TUDelft dot NL>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 13:24:41 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 10:25:19AM +0100, Geert Poels wrote:
> While I much like HTML for normal browsing, I also like PDF (or PS
> for printing). At http://www.pdfzone.com you can search for tools to
> create PDF/PS versions out of your HTML-tree.
This was discussed two weeks ago, IIRC. When you download the GCC
source, you can directly generated PS or PDF files from the texinfo
files. No need to generate it from HTML files.
> This could also easy distribution.
No, gcc is a free software project, so it needs to be distributed as
source. The source for the documentation is in the texinfo files.
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635 Fax: +31-15-2781843 Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl