Re: Still hard, was: g77 Build Problems

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 09:09:24PM -0700, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> > Did I goof something up?  Next suggestion?
>
> Try turning off -O2 in the CFLAGS, or try -O0.  Worth a shot.  Used to
> help in the early ppc days, anyway.

There was a patch posted by someone last month on gcc-patches ("RFA/Patch:
gcc.c retry") which got no responses.  It introduces a flag for gcc.c
(intended mostly for bootstrapping, I think, but could be wrong) which
says, "if we used -On, n>0, and the compiler failed, try again with -O0
automatically."