This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Still hard, was: g77 Build Problems
- To: "David A. Gatwood" <dgatwood at gatwood dot net>
- Subject: Re: Still hard, was: g77 Build Problems
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 00:51:19 -0400
- Cc: "Henry B. Hotz" <hotz at jpl dot nasa dot gov>, "Craig A. Mattocks" <morfz at mindspring dot com>, Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, darwin-development at lists dot apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.3.96.1010504210823.26323Dfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 09:09:24PM -0700, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> > Did I goof something up? Next suggestion?
> Try turning off -O2 in the CFLAGS, or try -O0. Worth a shot. Used to
> help in the early ppc days, anyway.
There was a patch posted by someone last month on gcc-patches ("RFA/Patch:
gcc.c retry") which got no responses. It introduces a flag for gcc.c
(intended mostly for bootstrapping, I think, but could be wrong) which
says, "if we used -On, n>0, and the compiler failed, try again with -O0
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.