Could somebody help me on function pointer?

Hi:

I am a master student and I am doing project on gcc.
I need to know the way of gcc to show a function
pointer. Is it just treated as a normal pointer?
What is the main charactors of pointers in tree?
Or is there any documents on pointers or function
pointers in gcc?

Thanks a lot,
Steven Z.