Common Language Runtime

Is there any interest in supporting the ECMA instruction set?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ecma/default.asp

I think it would be real cool to build  ECMA executables, even if the other
aspect of the common language runtim (aka Microsoft Commone Language
runtime).  gcc produced executables would target gnu/linux interfaces as
normal rathar than the Microsoft Common Langauge Runtime), and some sort of
jit would be required.  This would really simplify the distribution of
binaries.

On my computer I would only need to install the jit in native code.  Other
gnu binaries could be retrieved in ecma format.

I don't think MS would be too pleased with the application, but it would be
cool.

mailto:dransom@pacificcoast.net
free x.509 Certificates at
http://www.thawte.com/certs/personal/contents.html