Common Language Runtime

Is there any interest in supporting the ECMA instruction set?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ecma/default.asp

I think it would be real cool to build  ECMA executables, even if the other aspect of the common language runtim (aka Microsoft Commone Language runtime).  gcc produced executables would target gnu/linux interfaces as normal rathar than the Microsoft Common Langauge Runtime), and some sort of jit would be required.  This would really simplify the distribution of binaries.

On my computer I would only need to install the jit in native code.  Other gnu binaries could be retrieved in ecma format.

I don't think MS would be too pleased with the application, but it would be cool.

mailto:dransom@pacificcoast.net
free x.509 Certificates at http://www.thawte.com/certs/personal/contents.html