This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to handle linker options beginning with -f?
- To: shebs at apple dot com
- Subject: Re: How to handle linker options beginning with -f?
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 11:28:28 -0700
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <3AF335A0.4C6121CF@apple.com>
>>>>> "Stan" == Stan Shebs <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Stan> I agree, but it's a little late for that now. If no
Stan> compromise is possible, then I won't bother trying to add
Stan> these options into FSF GCC, and people can just get the
Stan> fully functional compiler from Apple as they do now.
I actually think this is the best solution.
I don't think that we want to put support for this in the driver, and
we certainly don't want to be in the position where "we sent out a
bunch of kits that do it this way" becomes a justification for making
changes to GCC that we wouldn't otherwise. Ideally, people would
contact us *before* sending out the kits...
(I know you actually agree with me about this; forgive the preaching
to the choir.)
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com