This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: 32->64 bit cross compilers
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Sat, 5 May 01 06:40:45 EDT
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
To me it is pretty important to be able to do Linux->Sparc 64 cross
compilation at least, since this (along with NT->Sparc 64) is a likely
Right, but we're talking about the *branch* here, not the mainline.
My point was that this never really worked in the past, we shouldn't
risk destabilizing the branch to make it work there now. I agree this is
important for the mainline.