This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Define __NO_INLINE__ if not inlining (take 2)
- To: neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Define __NO_INLINE__ if not inlining (take 2)
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 19:15:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jakub at redhat dot com, jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
> Hi Jakub,
> Whilst you're at it, could you define __PEDANTIC__ if -pedantic or
> -pedantic-errors (i.e. -pedantic*)? That'd be great.
No wait, where did that come from? We're not supposed to alter the
behavior of the compiler via the use of warning flags (which is what
-pedantic is essentially.)
If you do this, then someone will inevitably write:
do something else
which specifically breaks this contract WRT warning flags.
Kaveh R. Ghazi Engagement Manager / Project Services
email@example.com Qwest Internet Solutions